In case of a pipeline failure, for example, natural gas companies must contact the site maintenance unit to respond immediately. Failure to solve the issue quickly will have a heavy impact on daily work and have potential security risks.
Through hands-free audio and video, the dispatching center can access real-time information for scientific decision-making and guide the technicians through emergency repairs accordingly. RealWear has seen on average a 29% reduction of downtime after implementation of HMTs.
Companies along the value chain are required to take ownership of their upstream suppliers, and any extraction sites they build and operate on. Failure to do so may lead to strong penalties or closure. Engineers must also inspect quality of completed work by subcontractors.
Technicians can capture photos and videos as work is done, review, archive them at shift change. They can also troubleshoot work issues and remotely perform live inspection via 2-way video as supervisors watch on a laptop.
Equipment on offshore drilling vessels requires expert support. With skilled workforce retiring in the next five years, the number of technicians to travel offshore will be reduced, further increasing safety risks associated with time lag in communication with shore-based support staff.
Remote video enables small groups of centralized senior SMEs to mentor junior field technicians. With the intrinsically safe hands-free HMT-1Z1, inexperienced techs can perform quickly and safely. Skilled workers can also capture content for future training and reference.
• Increase statutory compliance
• Reduce operational costs
• Workaround to travel restrictions
• Maintain situational awareness
• Operate device while in hazardous environments or situations, all while wearing required PPE
• IP66 rated /Drop proof /Dust Proof
• Explosion Proof (intrinsically safe model only)
• 8-10 hour battery life (hot swappable for HMT-1 only)
• Install virtually any Android application
• Large ecosystem of remote mentor applications
Hard Hat Clips for HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1
• Intrinsically safe (IS approved) for use with the HMT-1Z1 in hazardous locations
• Clips are custom designed to secure the HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1 to specific hard hat manufacturers and models
• Free download of 3D model template available for most hard hat designs
The wind noise filter is an accessory designed to minimize audible wind noise in the HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1.
• Filters designed to reduce low frequency ‘bass’, often described as rumble
• Helps to improve clarity of the recording and accuracy of voice recognition system in windy environments
The Ear Bud Hearing Protection Headphones play audio from the HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1, and provides hearing protection from high noise environments.
• Replaceable foam tips made of premium memory foam
• 33dB NRR (Noise Reduction Rated)
• Designed with a custom cable length and right angle connector optimized for use with the HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1
Concert well testing live performance digitally integrates all aspects of well testing to introduce information transparency through new levels of collaboration and accessibility.
Communicating in an oil refinery, for example, can be challenge. Watch as Team RealWear visit a Harley dealership for a face-off between an iPhone and RealWear’s head-mounted Android device, testing noise cancellation while remotely collaborating and running a ten-point inspection of a Harley bike.
Noise capture disables the noise cancellation of your primary microphones and allows your device to record ambient sounds. This feature is especially helpful when diagnosing or inspecting machinery based off of sound.