TeamViewer Pilot Optimized on RealWear HMT-1
For a Limited Time, RealWear is Offering a Special Discount on HMT-1 with TeamViewer Pilot (Scroll Down for Details)
Our partner ecosystem just got bigger. Again. We want to welcome TeamViewer Pilot to the RealWear family. TeamViewer Pilot is a remote expert solution voice-optimized especially for the RealWear HMT-1.
TeamViewer Pilot is a new remote field support solution that will enable frontline workers to collaborate with offsite experts via RealWear HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1. This will help service technicians solve problems faster, improve knowledge transfer, and reduce travel costs by replacing on-site visits with remote expert guidance.
A bit of background:
- Founded in 2005, TeamViewer is now one of the world’s most widely-used remote desktop tools, according to our partner. Its solution has been activated on over 2 billion devices, with over 30,000 downloads every hour.
- RealWear is the leading platform for voice-controlled industrial head-worn wearables since we introduced our flagship HMT-1® in 2017. With this rugged wearable computer, frontline workers can access all the information they need with a few simple voice commands.
Sometimes, there’s no substitute for a subject matter expert (SME) who can provide you with real-time guidance. And it doesn’t matter if you’re installing new software on a desktop computer or repairing equipment on an offshore oil rig. Anytime you run into a problem you can’t fix on your own, that can lead to expensive downtime.
With TeamViewer Pilot for RealWear, the 2.7 billion deskless workers around the world can benefit from their expertise.
The need for these types of remote support solutions is accelerating. Consider these sobering statistics:
- Of the 4.6M manufacturing jobs that will open up in the next ten years, less than 50% of these are likely to be filled. This is due to a lack of skilled labor and a corresponding increase in machine complexity (Deloitte)
- Oil & Gas workers over 55 make up nearly 50% of the oil and gas workforce. Many of these employees plan to retire in the next few years, and once they leave they’ll take all their tribal knowledge with them.
- In the Utilities industry, 72% of companies struggle to fill positions due to retiring workers.
- And in aviation, Boeing predicts 754,000 technicians will be needed to meet demand through 2037.
There’s a shortage of skilled labor across wide swaths of industry all around the world. And at the same time, machines are becoming more complex, which means each new generation requires increasingly specific knowledge to keep them running.
Bottom line: Enterprise companies can’t hire skilled employees fast enough to replace the ones that are retiring, and the ones they do hire need to learn more than ever, faster than ever before.
TeamViewer Pilot on HMT platform aims to bridge this gap. With this remote support solution, it will be much easier for companies to transfer knowledge between experienced workers and new hires.
“Industrial enterprises or any organization with large customer or field services teams are challenged to have the right person onsite to solve immediate problems.
“With TeamViewer Pilot, your expert can be virtually onsite from anywhere in the world.”Gautam Goswami, TeamViewer’s CMO and Head of Products.
Remote support with the help of headsets represents the future of technical support. For someone sitting at a desktop computer, TeamViewer allows IT experts to view an end users’s computer screen, whether they’re across town or located on the other side of the world.
However, it’s an entirely different matter for deskless workers. If a frontline worker needs help, a remote expert has to be able to see what they see and hear what they hear to diagnose the problem and recommend an appropriate solution. It’s real-world first, digital world second. TeamViwer Pilot will bring support experts face-to-face with the problem, even if the on-site worker is located in an extremely harsh, isolated environment.
But this only works if on-site workers have a tool they can use in any situation. They need a tool that’s waterproof, drop-proof, and dust-proof. All the expertise in the world won’t help if the device breaks the first time you drop it, or if the battery dies halfway through your shift. You need a device that’s rugged enough to take whatever you can throw at it, but simple enough that you can learn it in a few minutes.
That’s RealWear HMT-1.
“The combination of TeamViewer Pilot on the voice-controlled RealWear HMT-1 is an exciting new purpose-built remote mentor app to drive productivity while maintaining situational awareness.
“We are pleased to see TeamViewer join our RealWear Ready family and look forward to helping our mutual customers achieve maximum ROI.”Sanjay Jhawar, President and Cofounder, RealWear
TeamViewer Pilot for RealWear HMT-1 empowers frontline workers while giving industrial enterprises an easy solution to improve knowledge transfer and reduce downtime. And it’s available now.
Want to learn how TeamViewer Pilot for RealWear HMT-1 can improve your business? Please fill out this form and we’ll get in touch with you soon.